A 21 year old guy had worn a pair of contact lenses during a barbecue party.(An event or meal at which food is cooked outdoors over an open grill or fire)
While barbecuing he stared at the fire charcoals continuously for 2-3 minutes.
After a few minutes, he started to scream for help and moved rapidly, jumping up and down.
No one in the party knew why he was doing this?
Then he admitted into the Hospital, the doctor said he’ll be blind permanently because of the contact lenses that he had worn.
Contact lenses are made by plastics, and the heat from the charcoal melted his contact lenses.
DO NOT WEAR CONTACT LENSES WHERE OVERHEATING AND FLAMES ARE CONCERNED…. OR WHILE COOKING…!
Spread this around because this sounds terrible as fuck!
Modern contacts are made of silicone, you would have to stick your head in an oven for several minutes to melt this. Unless you’re buying this shit from sketchy sources on the internet without a prescription or overwearing the lens to the extreme, this is not going to happen. Your face would melt off first.
The contacts would actually dry up and just ping out rather than melting
It scares me that some people might actually believe that thing…wow